September 2015 Board Update
Fuel Rate Adjustments for Electric and Natural Gas Customers
Electric customers of City Utilities can expect to pay approximately $5.70 per 1000 kWh less for fuel during the months of October through March, compared to the same period last year. The decrease is due primarily to lower fuel and purchased energy costs. The adjustment is part of the normal semi-annual process that aligns projected fuel costs used to produce electricity for customers with actual fuel costs.
Through a similar adjustment mechanism, natural gas customers can expect to pay less for natural gas over the next six months, as well. Residential customers using average volumes of natural gas should pay $1.12 less per month than projected gas costs, based on expected residential customer usage averaging 101 therms per month. Natural gas prices are adjusted monthly to match projected prices for the fuel, and twice a year the rates are realigned through the recovery adjustment.
Public Meetings Scheduled to Discuss Potential Transit Route Changes
City Utilities will hold two public meetings to discuss potential route changes to the transit system. CU Transit staff will be available to discuss proposed changes and gather input from the public at both sessions which are designed as a come-and-go format, with no formal presentation. Meetings are scheduled for:
- The Library Center, 4653 S. Campbell, Tuesday, October 6, 4:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m.
- The Library Station, 2535 N. Kansas Expressway, Thursday, October 8, 4:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 6, 4:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m. Transit Services Public Meeting.
The Library Center 4653 S. Campbell
- Thursday, October 8, 4:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m. Transit Services Public Meeting.
The Library Station 2535 N. Kansas Expressway
- Thursday, October 8, 3:00 p.m. Citizens Advisory Council
- Tuesday, October 27 Tentative Board Committee Meeting
- Thursday, October 29, 3:00 p.m. Board of Public Utilities Meeting
- Saturday, October 31, 9:00 a.m. The Halloween Hustle 5k & 10k benefitting Harmony House
CU Main Office – 301 E. Central