October 2016 Board Update
Water and Natural Gas System Improvements Supported by Proposed Rates
The Board of Public Utilities today approved a series of rate increases for Natural Gas and Water customers of City Utilities. If approved by City Council, the changes would become effective October 1, 2017.
For the average residential customer in 2020, the impact of the rates for water customers would total $5.30 per month and the increase for natural gas customers would be $5.80 per month.
The rate package proposal now moves to Springfield City Council for public hearing and first reading on Monday, November 14.
CU Accepting Sealed Bids for Real Estate
City Utilities of Springfield is soliciting sealed bids for the sale of two parcels of real estate at the following locations:
- Former CU Transit Center – 301 W McDaniel (Bidding Event 48800)
- Former Water Tank Site – Northeast corner of South and Grand (Bidding Event 48799)
The Former Transit Center is approximately 15,281.5 square feet and has a building on it. The Former Water Tank Site is approximately 18,361.38 square feet and has no buildings on it. The deadline for submission is 2 p.m. November 21, 2016.
For more information or to bid, visit www.cityutilities.net/bids and click on Bidding Event 48800 for the Former Transit Center and Bidding Event 48799 for the Former Water Tank Site. You may also call Carol Crawford at 417-831-8333.
- Thursday, October 29 – Halloween Hustle 5k & 10k – Benefitting Harmony House.
- Thursday, November 10 – CU Citizens’ Advisory Council Meeting
- Friday, November 11 – Veterans Day – CU Offices Closed
- Tuesday, November 29 – CU Board Committee Meeting (Tentative)
- Thursday, December 1 – CU Board Meeting
- Thursday, December 8 – CU Citizens’ Advisory Council Meeting