7 Tips To Stay Healthy & Drink More Water
City Utilities employees take pride in making sure that when you turn on your tap for a drink of water, you don’t have to worry. Help us raise a glass during National Drinking Water Week, May 7-13, celebrating the work they’ve done for the past 60 years to connect you to clean drinking water each and every day.
To celebrate National Drinking Water Week, here are seven ways to stay healthy by drinking more water.
1. Invest in a water bottle you’ll actually use and take it with you everywhere.
2. Customize a water bottle with deadlines to help you remember to have a drink.
3. Infused your water with fruits, veggies or herbs. Our favorite is mint and strawberries!
4. If you don’t like how tap water tastes, try using a Brita pitcher (or something similar).
5. Squeeze a drink into the routines you already have. After the quick rinse when you brush your teeth, refill your glass and guzzle a glass while you’re getting ready for the day.
6. Use a straw. Because straws make anything infinitely more awesome.
7. Hydrate with water-based foods like watermelon or cucumbers – perfect for the hot summer days that are fast approaching!
So, go on and have a drink!
Get more information about your Springfield drinking water:
- Consumer Confidence Report – an annual report on the quality of our drinking water.
- Water Conservation Tips – important information about your water usage.
- How To: Detect Water Leaks – save water and money detecting leaks in your home.
- Water Rebate Programs – we offer several rebates to encourage water efficiency.