Summer Savings Tips
Utility Savings Tips for Summer Months
Hot summer months can often mean higher than expected utility bills. CU reminds it customers that there are several ways to help conserve energy and water to reduce utility bills.
- Save 3-5% of your air conditioning costs for each degree you set above your normal setting. The suggested temperature for summer months is 78 degrees.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat.
- Check your home for air leaks around doors and windows.
- Make sure the cooling system is working properly and the filters are clean.
- Close drapes, curtains, and shades during the day to prevent warming from sunlight – especially on south and west sides.
- Water your lawn using the Even/Odd Watering system.
- Adjust sprinklers to water only the yard, not streets and sidewalks.
Customers who have established accounts may qualify for Level-Pay billing. Level-Pay lets you pay an expected amount each month. For more ways to save year-round on your utility bill and payment options, visit the “Ways to Save” section at www.cityutilities.net.