Utility Savings Tips For Summer
The oppressive heat of summer is well on its way to Springfield and the hot summer months can often mean utility bills that are higher than expected. What can you do? Check out these seven tips to help conserve energy and water to reduce your utility bill.
- Save 3-5 percent of your air conditioning costs for each degree you set above your normal setting. The suggested temperature for summer months is 78 degrees.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat.
- Check your home for air leaks around doors and windows.
- Make sure the cooling system is working properly and the filters are clean.
- Close drapes, curtains, and shades during the day to prevent warming from sunlight – especially on south and west sides.
- Water your lawn using the Even/Odd Watering system.
- Adjust sprinklers to water only the yard, not streets and sidewalks.
If you’ve been at your address for at least a year, you may also qualify for Level Pay billing. Level Pay averages your utility bill for the past year and lets you pay an expected amount each month.
Interested in Level Pay? Give us a call at 417-863-9000 or enroll online.