We Want YOU!
We want YOU to work for CU and right now, we’re looking for Springfield’s best for a number of skilled positions! Our employees are responsible for providing Springfield with reliable and affordable water, natural gas, electricity, broadband and transit services.
There are a wide variety of opportunities in our many different departments. Career paths at CU include accounting/finance, building maintenance, communications, construction, customer service, engineering, environmental, human resources, information technology, power generation and more!
In those departments, entry-level positions are a great way to get your foot in the door, although these careers may not always be available, and may lead to other opportunities at CU. Here are a few examples of some entry-level positions (please note that these positions may not be available and you can check the careers page to view current openings):
- Bus Operator – Provide safe and efficient transportation for customers.
- College Co-op – Earn extra money and experience while getting your degree. We have an open position for a Natural Gas & Water Engineer Co-op. Click the link for more details and to apply!
- Customer Service Representative – Help customers get answers.
- Custodian – Take pride in maintaining CU’s facilities.
Are you interested yet? Want to come work with us? Here are some helpful hints from the experts in human resources to assist you on your path to success:
- Create your cover letter and resume to reflect the position you want. A resume for an accounting position and a resume for a creative position will look very different. Janelle, one our employment coordinators, offers some great resume do’s and don’ts on SBJ Live.
- Take time to learn about the company. Browse the company’s “About Us” webpage.
- Make an appointment to meet with a CU recruiter during open office hours on Mondays from 12:30-4 p.m. or any time during the week by calling 417-831-8460.
- Check our careers page on the website often as we are always adding new jobs!
Our employment team can’t wait to hear from you! Check out the careers page for our open positions and when you’re ready, give our recruiters a call.