Take A Sip, It’s Drinking Water Week
City Utilities employees take pride in making sure that, when you turn on your tap for a drink of water, you don’t have to worry. Help us raise a glass during National Drinking Water Week, May 6-12, celebrating the work they’ve done for the past 60 years to connect you to clean drinking water each and every day.
To celebrate National Drinking Water Week, here are seven ways to stay healthy by drinking more water.
- Invest in a water bottle you’ll actually use and take it with you everywhere.
- Customize a water bottle with deadlines to help you remember to have a drink.
- Infuse your water with fruits, veggies and/or herbs. Our favorite is mint and strawberries!
- If you don’t like how tap water tastes, try filtering your water or storing it in the fridge. Cold water always seems to taste better!
- Squeeze a drink into the routines you already have. After the quick rinse when you brush your teeth, refill your glass and guzzle it down while you’re getting ready for the day.
- Use a straw. Because straws make everything infinitely more awesome!
- Hydrate with water-based foods like watermelon or cucumbers – perfect for the hot summer days that are fast approaching!
So, go on and have a drink!
Get more information about your Springfield Drinking water:
- Consumer Confidence Report– an annual report on the quality of our drinking water.
- Water Conservation Tips– important information about your water usage.
- How To: Detect Water Leaks– save water and money detecting leaks in your home.
Water Rebate Programs – we offer several rebates to encourage water efficiency.