Mexican Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Traditional stuffed peppers are typically cooked in the oven. Help your house stay cooler and save energy – try this recipe in your slow cooker! Slow cookers use less energy than the oven so you’re saving money and electricity.
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground turkey (or whatever ground meat you like)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese, reserve 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 cup salsa
- 6-8 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded
- In a large bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, ground meat, corn, beans, tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups cheese and salsa, and mix well.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture.
- Put stuffed peppers in the slow cooker. Cover.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours, or until peppers reach an internal temperature of 165.
- In the last hour of cook time, top peppers with remaining cheese. Cover.