Rosemary Lemon Chicken Recipe
Ditch the oven for your slow cooker this summer! You’ll keep your house cooler by not turning on the oven and you’ll save energy as slow cookers use less electricity.
A roasted chicken is a versatile and inexpensive meal that will feed the whole family. Set it and forget it in the slow cooker – you’ll make dinner, keep cool and save money at the same time!
Rosemary Lemon Whole Chicken
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whole chicken
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 6 balls of foil, balled loosely
- Combine garlic powder, dried thyme, dried rosemary, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pat dry chicken with paper towels.
- Stuff chicken with lemon slices.
- Rub olive oil on to outside of chicken.
- Rub chicken with spice mixture.
- Place foil balls in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on top of foil balls. Cover.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165.