July 2018 Board Update
CU Natural Gas Department Receives Industry Award
CU’s Natural Gas area was presented the System Operational Achievement Recognition (SOAR) award during the American Public Gas Association annual conference. The recognition is based on commitment to excellence in system integrity, system improvement, employee safety, and workforce development.
Water Supply Levels Near Seasonal Average
Storage levels for CU’s water supply lakes are at 83 percent with the average storage amount at 89 percent. With the hot and dry conditions we anticipate that the lake levels will continue to drop through the remainder of summer. We remind customers to use our communities water resources wisely. Customers can save money on the water portion of their utility bill, and reduce water usage, by participating in the voluntary Even/Odd Watering method. More information and water conservation tips can be found on our website.
2019 Budget Meetings Begin in August
The Board of Public Utilities will hold several meetings during August to discuss the 2019 fiscal year budget for City Utilities. The proposed plan has no new rate increases for the next several years and continues to focus on investing in infrastructure improvements of the operating areas. The proposed budget will be available on the CU website on July 27, City Utilities fiscal year runs from October 1 to September 30.
- Tuesday, August 14 – 2019 Operating Plan Board Study Session
- Thursday, August 16 – Budget Study Session – Joint City Council & CU Board
- Tuesday, August 21 – Board Committee Meetings (Tentative)
- Thursday, August 23 – CU Board Meeting
- Monday, September 3 – Labor Day observed. CU offices closed.
- Thursday, September 6 – Citizen’s Advisory Council Meeting