August 2018 Board Update
Board Approves 2019 Annual Operating Budget
The Board of Public Utilities approved the 2019 Annual Operating Budget for City Utilities. The approved budget provides a $558 million disbursement authority for all areas of the utility and is $24 million less than the 2018 Annual Operating Budget. There are no unapproved rate adjustments in the 2019 budget and the five-year outlook anticipates no additional rate increases being considered at this time.
Included in the budget is funding for the continued infrastructure replacement of water and natural gas mains, continuation of automated metering installation for electric, natural gas, and water systems, and other projects to add efficient services and value to the community. The complete 2019 Operating Budget is available on the CU website.
The approved budget now moves to City Council for a public hearing and first reading on September 10th, and second reading on September 24th. The 2019 Operating Budget covers the time period running October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019.
- Monday, September 3 – Labor Day Holiday Observed. CU Offices Closed.
- Thursday, September 6 – Citizen’s Advisory Council Meeting.
- Tuesday, September 10 – First Reading and Public Hearing of 2019 Operating Budget by Springfield City Council.
- Monday, September 24- Second Reading and Adoption of 2019 Annual Operating Budget by City Council.
- Tuesday, September 25 – Board Committee Meetings (Tentative)