Is Your Tree In The Right Place?
Before you spring into action and plant your trees, do you know if your tree is in the right place? Keep these six things in mind as you beautify your landscape in the coming months.
- Keep trees and shrubs 10 feet away from ground-mounted transformers.
- Keep the area around your meter clear from obstacles, including landscaping.
- Plant large trees at least 50 feet away from overhead power lines.
- Plant medium trees at least 25 feet away from overhead power lines.
- Trees and shrubs planted under or close to overhead power lines will be pruned if they come within 10 feet of the power lines to help prevent outages.
- Smaller trees should be planted at least 10-25 feet away from overhead power lines.
Your efforts to make sure your tree or landscaping is in the right place help us prevent power outages in the future. Do you have questions? Contact our tree management team at 417-874-8157.