August 2019 Board Update
Board Approves 2020 Annual Operating Budget
The Board of Public Utilities approved the 2020 Annual Operating Budget for City Utilities. The approved budget provides a $623 million disbursement authority for all areas of the utility. There are no unapproved rate adjustments in the 2020 budget.
Included in the budget is funding for the continued infrastructure replacement of water and natural gas mains, continuation of automated metering installation for electric, natural gas, and water systems, and other projects to add efficient services and value to the community. The complete 2020 Operating Budget is available on the CU website. Included in the budget is funding for the expansion of the SpringNet fiber network to prepare Springfield to be a true gigabit city.
The approved budget now moves to City Council for a public hearing and first reading on September 9th, and second reading on September 23rd. The 2020 Operating Budget covers the time period running October 1, 2019 through September 30, 2020.
The Board also approved updating several polices and voluntary rate structures for services.
- Monday, September 2 – Labor Day Holiday Observed. CU Offices Closed.
- Monday, September 23 – First Reading and Public Hearing of 2019 Operating Budget by Springfield City Council.
- Monday, September 24 – Second Reading and Adoption of 2019 Annual Operating Budget by City Council.
- Tuesday, September 24 – Board Committee Meetings (Tentative)
- Thursday, September 26 – CU Board Meeting.