CU Transit COVID-19 Update – 3/21/2020
City Utilities (CU) continues to follow the situation regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) and its impact to our customers. We are taking every possible precaution and safety measure to ensure the safety of customers and our employees.
“Providing reliable and safe transportation to our customers is always our first priority. During this crisis we must make changes that will not only provide a solid level of service but will also protect the health and safety of passengers and our drivers,” said Matt Crawford, Director of Transit.
On Sunday, March 22, 2020, CU Transit Service will be operating on a modified schedule and routes. The schedule and routes will be in effect until April 4, 2020 and will be reviewed at that time. Schedule and route modifications are listed below. Additional route information is available at cutransit.net or by calling the CU Transit office at 417-831-8782, Monday – Friday.
- Sunday service will be 10 a.m. and operate until 5 p.m.
- Transit routes 22, 25, 26, and 27 will run hourly.
Monday through Friday Service:
- Routes 22, 25, 26, and 27 will run hourly service from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- Routes 22, 25, 26, and 27 will offer half-hour service from 9:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Routes 31, 36, and 38 will run hourly service from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Route 35 will run hourly service from 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. and also 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Routes 22, 25, 26, and 27 will offer hourly service from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Routes 31, 36, and 38 will offer hourly service from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Access Express – Will be available during all of the above hours of service.
At this time the Transit Center at 211 N. Main will remain open for service to CU Transit customers.
CU is following its Pandemic Response and Business Continuation plans that are in place but, we are adjusting as needed for this situation. These policies help to ensure that there is adequate coverage to continue the reliable delivery of electricity, natural gas, water, broadband and transit services.