We Want YOU at CU!
We want you to work for CU and right now, we’re looking for Springfield’s best for a number of skilled positions! Our employees are responsible for providing Springfield with reliable and affordable water, natural gas, electricity, broadband and transit services.
There are a variety of opportunities in our many different departments. Career paths at City Utilities include accounting/finance, building maintenance, communications, construction, customer service, engineering, environmental, human resources, information technology, power generation, and more!
In those departments, entry-level positions are a great way to get your foot in the door and may lead to other opportunities at CU. Although these careers may not always be available, our careers page is always up to date with current openings.
Are you interested in working with us? Our experts from our human resources department have some helpful hints to assist you on your path to success:
- Create your cover letter and resume to reflect the position you want. A resume for an accounting position and a resume for a creative position will look different.
- Always lead your resume with your active contact information, education, and skills.
- Don’t include anything that’s too personal including information about your family or a photo of yourself.
- Before your interview, take time to learn about the company. Browse the company’s “About Us” page on their website.
- Contact our recruitment office anytime to get more information by calling 417-831-8460.
- Check our careers page often as we are always adding new positions!
Our recruitment team can’t wait to hear from you. Watch our careers page for open positions, and when you’re ready, give our recruiters a call!