July 2020 Board Update
Board Supports Stockton Lake Reallocation Study
The Board of Public Utilities approved supporting a request for reallocation of water storage from Stockton Lake. The Board’s action is in support of a study requested by SWMO Water, formerly Tri-States Water Coalition, to provide an adequate water supply to the growing region. Any future action will be dependent on the Army Corps of Engineers making additional storage available.
Customer Account Assistance During COVID – 19
The City Utilities lobby at 301 E. Central is now open with safety guidelines implemented, including masks and limited number of people allowed to enter at a time. Customers with past due balances are encouraged to call Customer Service at 863-9000 to set up payment arrangements.
2021 Budget Meetings Begin in August
The Board of Public Utilities will hold several meetings during August to discuss the 2021 fiscal year budget for City Utilities. The proposed plan has no new rate increases for the next several years and continues to focus on investing in infrastructure improvements of the operating areas. The proposed budget will be available on the CU website on July 31. City Utilities fiscal year runs from October 1 to September 30. Meeting dates are listed below.
- Tuesday, August 11 – Board Study Session
- Thursday, August 13 – Joint Board / City Council Meeting with Public Hearing
- Tuesday, August 18 – Board Management & Finance Committee
- Thursday, August 20 – August Board Meeting with Public Hearing
- Tuesday, September 8 – City Council Meeting – First Reading with Public Hearing
- Monday, September 21 –City Council Meeting – Council Vote