Working From Home: Avoid These Hazards
While more people are working from home or helping the kids with schoolwork from home this fall, there are more potential electric hazards around the home. Take a look around your home, and stay safe by following these electric safety tips:
- Do not overload outlets.
- Use extension cords on a temporary basis only.
- Do not run cords under rugs, doors, or windows.
- Inspect electrical cords regularly for damage.
- When unplugging something, pull from the plug and not from the cord.
- Keep cords away from heat and water.
- Save energy by unplugging appliances that are not in use.
Following these tips can help you stay safe while you’re staying home this fall.