Black Friday Efficiency Wish List 🎁
There are many ways you can fight the winter chill as temperatures drop! As you look through Black Friday sales, here are four energy efficient gifts you should add to your wish list.
- Smart thermostat. Investing in a smart thermostat lets you turn down the heat when you’re not at home. We also have a rebate that can save you $75!
- ENERGY STAR appliances & electronics. The ENERGY STAR label lets you know that you’ll save both energy and money!
- LED lights. Upgrading the lights in your home will make it more efficient. Grab yourself a pack of LED bulbs and give yourself a gift that keeps on giving. While you’re shopping, keep an eye out for LED holiday lights that may be on sale and use them next year.
- A blanket of cozy. Proper insulation helps keep your home warm during winter and cool during summer. Check the insulation levels in your attic, ceilings, exterior and basement walls, floors, and crawl spaces. You can DIY additional insulation or hire a professional. Plus, for a limited time, you’ll get back 50% of the cost, up to $500, with our rebate.
Pair those great gifts with these efficiency tips and you’ll be saving into 2021 and beyond!
- Let the sunshine in. Keeping your curtains open during the day allows the sunlight to warm your home.
- Plant some trees. Strategically placed dense evergreen trees or shrubs on the north side of your house can reduce annual heating by 10 to 15%.
- Stop drafts. Install weatherstripping around exterior doors and door sweeps at the bottom. Apply caulking around window frames and make sure all latches are tightened and securely fastened.
- Filter out the dust. It is important to change your filters regularly. A dirty filter makes your equipment work harder, which can result in higher bills.
- Look for leaks. Seal any cracks or holes in the foundation of your home, or around your windows.
We have more tips and information on rebates at cityutilities.net/save!