Play It Safe Around Electricity
Take charge of your safety around electricity! Electricity can power anything from your phone to your car. However, it can be dangerous if you are not safe around it. To play it safe around electricity, follow these rules:
- Don’t use electrical appliances if you’re wet or standing in or near water.
- Do call 811 or visit Missouri-811.org before you dig.
- Don’t fly anything near power lines.
- Don’t play outside during a thunderstorm.
- Don’t put metal objects in the toaster.
- Do keep appliance cords untangled and away from heaters.
- Don’t climb trees located near power lines.
- Do teach children about electric safety.