Fellows Lake Visitor’s Guide
The secret is out. Fellows Lake is becoming a premiere destination for “silent sports,” or recreational uses that protect the most important function of the lake: supplying our drinking water.
Supplying our Drinking Water
It’s important to understand the vital role Fellows and McDaniel Lakes play in supplying our drinking water.
With the lake being approximately 800-acres in size, the surrounding land is a great place for hiking a trail through the woods, trail running, bird watching, and mountain biking. More than 25 miles of soft-surface, or unpaved, trails make up the Dirt 66: Fellows Lake Trails which are now open. These trails are beginner-friendly and are open from sunrise to sunset. The Fellows Lake Trails were completed in partnership with TrailSpring, Ozark Greenways, and City Utilities.
More information about the Dirt 66: Fellows Lake Trails
- Ozark Greenways: Dirt 66: Fellows Lake Trails
- TrailSpring: Dirt 66 trail system
- Map of Dirt 66: Fellows Lake Trails
Fellows Lake also boasts of great water recreational activities including fishing, kayaking, canoeing, boating, paddleboarding, and sailing:
- The Fellows Lake Store, which is located by gate 3, is open from sunrise to sunset from March 1 through October 31. Operated by the Watershed Committee of the Ozarks, the store offers kayak, canoe, sailboat, paddle boards, and motorized boat rentals, bait and tackle, drinks, and snacks. Call the Fellows Lake Store at (417) 840-2965 for more information and boat reservations.
- A newly installed Dock 66 is located in Miller Park at Fellows Lake and includes slip and boat rental All boats, motorized and non-motorized, require a permit for use on the lake. Motorized boats may only be 40hp or less. Permits are available at the Fellows Lake Store.
- Sport fishing opportunities include bass, crappie, walleye, and muskie.
- Interested in sailing? Get connected to the Springfield Sailing Club. Search “@Springfield Sailing Club at Fellows Lake” on Facebook for more information.
- There are great events happening at the lake throughout the summer. Learn more here.
Reminder: Swimming is prohibited in Fellows Lake to protect the drinking water supply. Check out our Rules and Regulations for Fellows Lake before you plan your trip!
The Fellows Lake Recreation Area is located near 4200 E. Farm Road 66, Springfield, MO 65803.