Select Page

How To Get Started

City Utilities should be contacted whenever a project involves electric, natural gas, water or telecommunications utility service, regardless of the size of the project. CU provides utility service for residential, industrial and commercial construction projects. Let us know your construction plans so CU can provide the service when you need it.

Our Developer Services team is located at CU’s TecHOUSE, which provides you with a one-stop shop for your technical and engineering needs.

Commercial Development Flow Chart
Subdivision Development Flow Chart
Plan Submittals

Plans for projects inside the city limits of Springfield will be forwarded to Developer Services via the City’s ePlans system as needed. Projects outside the city limits should be coordinated directly with Developer Services for utility service design and construction.


For more information on the City of Springfield or Greene County, please visit their websites at:


Responsible Agencies


Contact MO1Call before you dig. Call 811 or submit a request online at MO1Call will locate and mark buried utilities at your construction site. It’s free and it’s the law!