Legal Terms & Notices
- Rules, Regulations, and Policies: You agree to be bound by all rules, regulations, rates, and policies adopted by the Board of Public Utilities of Springfield, Missouri, pertaining to your utility service.
- Electronic Signature: You agree to conduct transactions regarding your utility service by electronic means. You may also conduct transactions by other means, such as in person or by telephone. Your use of this Web site constitutes an electronic signature within the meaning of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, Sections 432.200 through 432.295, Revised Statutes of Missouri, and all revisions and additions thereto. You must be 18 years old to conduct transactions with City Utilities.
- Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability: THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. CITY UTILITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CITY UTILITIES BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL CITY UTILITIES’ DAMAGES EXCEED $1,000.
- Privacy: City Utilities respects the privacy of its customers. It treats names and addresses of residential customers as confidential. This information will not be released to the general public without residential customer consent. Names and addresses of commercial/industrial accounts are considered public information and will be released pursuant to a proper Sunshine Law Request.
City Utilities is subject to Chapter 610 of the Revised Statutes of Missouri (“Sunshine Law”). City Utilities may disclose any information that it is required to disclose by the Sunshine Law or any other applicable law.
- Copyright: The contents and design of this Web site are owned by City Utilities and/or its vendors and are protected by the copyrights and trademarks of their respective owners. Except for your private, noncommercial use, you may not copy, use, or distribute the contents or design of this Web site. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices on all copies.
- Links: City Utilities shall not be liable for any third party Web sites that are linked to or from this Web site. City Utilities does not endorse or approve any such third party Web sites.
- Security: City Utilities has implemented security procedures to protect your account information. However, all Web sites are susceptible to unauthorized use. As a result, City Utilities cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit using this Web site. You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential.
- Changes in Terms: City Utilities may change the terms of this Web site at any time. You agree to these changes once they have been posted on this Web site.
- Governing Law: The use of this Web site and the provision of utility service to you are governed by Missouri law. The venue for all litigation arising from the use of this Web site or the provision of utility service to you shall be the state or federal courts of Greene County, Missouri.