Level pay gives you more predictable utility bills by evening out your utility costs over the year so you pay the same amount each month. Benefits of the program include:
- No more bill fluctuations during months of hot or cold weather.
- Easier to manage monthly expenses.
How to Enroll
- Enroll online by using My Account
- After logging in to your online account, click on “Level Pay” under the “Billing” menu
- If your account is eligible for Level Pay, a suggested Level Pay Amount will be displayed
- Agree to terms & conditions
- Click the Enroll button
How is Level Pay calculated?
- Your monthly level pay amount is based on the average of your actual bills during the last 12 months.
- Each year we analyze your actual usage and may increase or reduce to your level pay amount to more accurately reflect your average bill.
- We continue to read your meter each month. Your monthly bill shows exactly how much electricity, natural gas, or water you use, the actual bill amount, and the actual account balance, but you will continue to pay the same amount each month.
Understanding Level Pay terms
- “Total Current Charges” – actual bill charges, or what you would pay on CU’s regular billing plan.
- “Level Pay Amount Due” – what you owe as a Level Pay customer.
- “Actual Account Balance” – the cumulative difference between your actual bill charges and the level pay amount you have been paying.
You can combine Level Pay with our other billing & payment options, including Paperless Billing and Auto Pay.