Bill Payment Assistance
Having trouble paying your utility bill this month? It’s important that you contact CU immediately. Talk with us early enough and we can offer suggestions to eliminate late payment charges, like payment arrangements, or enrolling in Level Pay, which allows you to pay the same amount each month.
Need a little more time to make a payment? A payment arrangement may be right for you. Call us at (417) 863-9000 to discuss your payment options. You may be able to create your own payment arrangement ONLINE if you meet these criteria:
- Your account is NOT on Level Pay
- Your account is NOT on Auto Pay
- Your account balance is NOT already past due
How to Make a Payment Arrangement Online
- Enroll online by using My Account
- After logging in to your online account, click on “Payment Arrangement” under the “Billing” menu
- If you account is eligible for online payment arrangements:
- Choose your “Number of Payments”
- Select your Payment date(s)
- Submit your request
If you or someone you know needs financial assistance with their utility bills, assistance may be available. Visit the OACAC website for more information on assistance programs, or contact them at (417) 862-4314 or (417) 864-3495 TDD.
- The Missouri Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) offers programs which are administered through OACAC.
- Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) provides relief for eligible households to alleviate an energy-related crisis during the winter and summer months.
- The Project SHARE (Springfieldians Helping Area Residents with Energy) Program is administered through OACAC and is funded by CU customer donations. This program provides assistance with winter heating costs for income eligible households from January through May.